Are you looking to make your taxi business successful, just like Uber and Ola? Then creating a taxi booking app like uber is the best decision for your business. Today, Uber has become one of the most successful business models for both investors and customers. Many start-ups and big giants followed the same Uberization model.
After witnessing its revenue-generating capacity, uber clone app development becomes a dream of many new entrepreneurs and businesses. From extracting the considerable profits to opening the new doors of services for future users, Uber clone apps have all the potential to take the industry at a new growth bar.
Sounds interesting? Isn’t it? What if uber clone apps work exactly like uber. In that case, it can captivate an untapped market share with its seamless user interaction, revenue-generating marketing campaigns, and error-free services.
The market size of taxi booking app like uber
According to recent reports, the taxi-booking industry’s revenue amounts to USD 157 million in the US by 2019. Currently, Uber has 75 million total users. In India, the taxi market is estimated at nearly US $10 billion, and it is expected to reach $25 billion by 2025. The USA, China, India, Indonesia, and the United Kingdom are the top countries where the taxi-booking industry has made maximum revenues.
The above statistics are enough to strengthen the idea of starting a taxi booking app like uber venture in the market.
So before going for a uber clone app development, let’s first examine how uber works? It ultimately helps to understand the concept, requirements, and resources required to build a taxi booking app like uber.
Uber is all about its users; therefore, you would require to understand the customer’s side for a successful uber clone app development. We have curated a list of a few primary steps that define the working process of the Uber app-
Uber’s working model
Users require to download the app and set up their account by entering the essential information, including their name, address, and mobile number. They also need to pick a payment mode by which they can make future payments for their rides.
For booking a ride, users need to click on the app; after clicking, a map appears in which they need to set their current location. They can set the location manually as well. The application later asks for confirming the ride; if the user clicks on YES, the app suggests the nearby location’s available cabs. With the cab’s selection, the application suggests the estimated arrival time, driver’s detailed information, and fair prices.
Drivers also have the same app to accept or reject the booking request as per their availability. The application provides details about the rides, including the location, user’s name, and number. If the allotted driver rejects the booking, it ultimately forwards to the next available driver.
The customers can make payments via debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI, and cash. The online payment methods make this app more demanding and easier to use.
The best part of Uber’s business strategy is customers can rate and review their drivers based on their ride experience. It helps in enhancing customer’s trust and reliability towards the platform.
Now let’s move forward to the-
Features required to build an Uber clone app development
After getting a summarized look at how Uber works, let’s consider one of the most crucial factors required for uber clone app development. The application involves multiple panels, including customer, driver, and admin. So, let’s take detailed insights into it-
The user’s app includes the following features-
- User Registration- To access the application, users require to register their accounts with necessary information.
- Profile Settings- After successful registration, users can set their profiles for getting a customized experience. To set up a profile, users need to enter the application’s specific information, including their name, mobile number, email id, and password.
- Book Rides- It allows users to quickly ride a book; they can select the type of car based on fares.
- Ride Tracking- Tracking features help users to track their rides. They will get real-time notifications about their taxi even before their rides begin.
- Ride Scheduling- With this feature, the user does not require to mention the details repeatedly. The ride can be booked based on previous information.
- Discounts and Coupons- With this feature, the customers can find special offers, discounts, and sale coupons.
Driver app comes with the following features-
- Calculating Fare- According to the distance and the car model, the estimated fare needs to be displayed on the app interface. The calculated prices vary if users change their drop location or route.
- Waiting time- If the customer does not arrive or cancel the trip within 5 minutes, drivers can go for the extra fares.
- Rating Drivers- With this feature, drivers will receive the customers’ feedback once the ride is over.
- Ride and Booking History- Drivers can review their successful rides and bookings history. Based on that, they can evaluate their estimated earnings.
- Custom Dashboard- The customized dashboard provides a complete operational overview of the application.
- Driver Management- Managing pay-outs, adding drivers and handling feedback, queries, and reviews are made more accessible through the app.
- Payments Management- The admin can get a comprehensive report of the driver’s tour and its revenue. It also comprises the additional earnings and deductions which help companies in their accounting process.
- Tariffs Management- The admin panel allows you to control and modify the rates, flexible payments, and even the tariffs’ surge according to the business demands.
To make your uber clone app more demanding, you can add the following features-
- Emergency button
- Driver’s report
- Ride Cancellation within 2 minutes
- Ride Pooling
- Forward Dispatch
- Heat Maps
How much does it cost for Uber clone app development?
Uber clone app price entirely relies upon the following factors-
- App Complexity and number of primary features, additional features, and functionalities
- App designing (including the layouts, themes)
- Tech-stack (including front-end, back-end, and other)
- Operating systems and multiple programming platforms
- App Development company (based on team location, expertise, and rates)
- Native app development (iOS & Android)
- Native app interface (UX/UI Design)
If we evaluate the average rate with full-fledged features, then the price can go as high as USD 50,000 to USD 60,000.
In the upcoming years, the taxi-booking industry witnesses a sudden boom. So, are you looking up for making ataxi app like Uber or uber clone app development? Don’t worry! We have got your back. Reach out to us and get a custom uber like clone app development with all necessary advanced features.