Mobile apps and web apps are the terms that we often heard and used in our daily lives. Usually, people consider that these two are almost the same. But it is not true; there is a lot of difference among them in terms of their development, deployment and even with their users. Companies are often looking to determine the best approach to enable users to connect with their business.
So, should you invest in web applications or mobile applications? Let’s take a look and learn the differences between mobile apps Vs web apps, and get insight that will help you to decide to develop one type of app over the other.
Mobile Apps Vs Web Apps
A Mobile App is generally built for a particular mobile platform like iOS, Android, and Windows. It is installed on the device quickly from the app’s stores, including Google Play, Apple stores or Window stores.
If users want to use any mobile apps, they can download it direct from these stores. These apps consist of many features including, Camera, Voice calls, GPS tracking and many more. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp are some of the popular mobile apps.
To know more in detail- Let’s discuss it from multiple prospective-
Advantages of a Mobile Application
- Mobile apps are faster than web applications.
- Several Mobile applications also work offline. E.g. Game apps like Candy Crush.
- These apps are highly safe and secure.
- These apps are easy to develop.
- Easy-to-use and can access anytime and anywhere.
Disadvantages of a Mobile Application
- The user needs to download these applications to use it.
- Mobile apps are expensive to develop as compare to a web application.
- Mobile applications are costly to maintain because of continuous updates.
- Sometimes it may be challenging to get approval from app stores for native mobile applications.
How are Mobile Applications Built?
Mobile applications area platform-oriented, so they are costly to develop as compare to web apps. However, they are more advanced, faster, and loaded with tons of features. These applications are built using multiple languages and IDE’s (Integrated Development Environment).
The language used to develop a mobile application: –
- Objective C.
- XCode IDE.
- Eclipse IDE.
- Android Studio.
After reading the advantages and disadvantages of the mobile application, Let’s discuss what a Web application is?
Whereas, a Web App can be regulated via smart devices or the web’s browser. It only requires internet; users do not need to download them to access it. A web application is a software that runs with the help of a web browser. It can be of a single page only or multiple pages.
Languages used to develop web application: –
- Html + CSS
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of web application: –
Pros of Web Application
- No need to download or installed.
- Easy maintenance and quick updates
- Less time is required to develop as compared to mobile application
- No need for approval.
- Fast and reliable.
Cons of Web Application
- Web apps are not working offline
- Offer fewer features as compared to mobile application
- Slow in the work process as compared to mobile application
- Higher risk of a security breach.
How is Web Application Built?
Web applications are built using JS, HTML, CSS, PHP because there is no SDK’s (Software Development Kit) for developing a web application. But the developer needs access of a template to build it. As compare to mobile application web applications are easy to create, but if we talk about features, web applications have simple features to correspond to the mobile app.
If we talk about the difference between mobile apps and web apps from a User Perspective, then it includes-
- It offers multiple in-built features.
- Mobile apps work faster on the smart device.
- Easy to access and have a broader reach.
- It includes robust security approaches.
- Users do not have to bother about device compatibility. These are highly adaptable.
- Users are not able to detect any interface variations.
- They do not require to download an app from app stores.
- They do not need to update any app.
- In web apps, there are not standardized security policies; this bothers users about their data security.
From the Developer’s Perspective
- Mobile platforms include various development methods.
- Multiple programming languages are used for particular platforms like Kotlin for Android or Swift for iOS.
- It is expensive to build.
- Monetization approaches are complicated, but app stores handle payments.
- Getting approval from app stores is quite challenging.
- Web apps do not require any approval from any app stores.
- No need to use standardized SDKs or essential tools.
- It is easy to monetize apps with ads, paid memberships, subscriptions and more.
SVAP INFOTECH is Here to Assist you
Now after getting a basic knowledge of the significant differences between mobile apps Vs web apps. You can effectively plan to build an application. At SVAP Infotech, we understand that bringing a new idea of an app into reality can be surprising at times. If you have a unique idea for an application but are hesitant about whether to pursue mobile application development or a web app development, we are here to help you!
Reach out to us today to get in touch with our in-house experts, who have high expertise in creating excellent solutions that fit the unique and specific requirements of today’s leading businesses.