Developing a feature-rich mobile app is in every business’s mind. That is why we are here to continue the search for a bright light that can let your audience get rid of the traditional search methods. If you are still offering your customers the conventional searching methods, then it’s high time for you to invest in a Voice Recognition app development.
With the rise of Artificial Intelligence, we have witnessed peculiar innovations and digital transformations. To which voice recognition apps are indeed the face of those. Due to its ease of access, many people are now seemed using such apps. In general, voice recognition technology is categorized in two, namely the phonetic recognition of different words and interpreting the actual language as spoken (Natural Language Processing).
With the increase in the market size of voice recognition technology, these have become part of most devices. Let have a deep dive into the market to know more.
Stats of Voice Recognition Technology
According to the stats, this voice recognition technology is forecasted to grow from 10.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 to 27.16 billion U.S. dollars by 2025 at a CAGR of 16.8 percent. You will be amused by knowing that in 2020, there were 127 million were shipped to the global market. To which more than China forecasted to account for half of the shipment.
Isn’t it amazing to see the growth of voice recognition technology around the globe? Well, yes, it is. According to the reports, 4.2 billion digital voice assistants were used in devices worldwide. And this figure will skyrocket to 8.4 billion units by 2024 – the number higher than the human population.
According to the survey conducted by many tech giants, which assistant best understands user commands varieties of questions when asked. The market information survey collected vast data and concluded that users seemed much satisfied by Google Voice Recognition.
As we have seen stats on how this voice recognition technology can pave the road to the success of your app, let’s see how you can make a voice recognition app.
How to Make a Voice Recognition App?
Select the Type
The first thing you must confirm is what type of voice recognition app you are looking for. As of now, it is categorized into two: speaker-dependent apps and speaker-independent apps. If you are unaware of what’s the difference between the two, here we have.
Speaker-dependent voice recognition apps work only on pre-defined templates. In simpler terms, these apps identify the words of a person that too when trained perfectly.
Speaker-independent voice recognition apps can understand the voice of multiple users to give a specific command. These voice recognition apps are processed on Fourier transformation or Linear Predictive Coding principles analyzing and comparing various speakers with ideal voices.
Core Technologies and API
Once you select the type based on your requirements, the next step is to finalize the tech stack for your app. If you begin to code with the right resources and tech stack, your users can seamlessly integrate with your voice recognition app. However, this requires developers to understand the latest technologies and APIs that their competitors are unaware of. That’s where experts come into play.
APIs: There are uncountable APIs to choose your voice recognition app according to admiring features. However, there are some APIs that you must install to deploy the most successful voice recognition app in the market. Below is the list of APIs you can integrate.
- Google Speech API: Google’s AI-powered API that transcribes the speech into the text in real-time.
- Bing Speech API: This API converts your speech to text, transforms the speech, and then converts the text back to speech.
- Amazon Alexa: Integrates Alexa in your devices to directly get their answers in an audio format quickly and efficiently.
- Speech-to-Text API: It converts audio to text, helps users search anything, or play videos and music on the app.
- SpeechAPI: This API suppresses the background noises for the audio segments to analyzed voice more effectively.
- Rev.AI API: It is a widely adopted API that converts speech-to-text, including punctuations, capitalization, and conversion from live streaming videos.
- ReadSpeaker API: An API converts the text or output from the app into audio format.
Libraries: The libraries that you can use for your voice recognition app are:
- CMU Sphinx: Used to develop an advanced voice recognition technology. However, it is written in Java, but you can easily use it with other programming languages such as Python or C#.
- PyTorch: A Python-based library that converts speech into text.
- HTK: This library is developed by Microsoft that is primarily used in statistical analysis modeling techniques.
Besides the tech stack and libraries in your voice recognition app, features play a vital role in defining the scope of your app. To attract more users, you need to think outside the box and innovate something that has never been done in the industry. We know it’s not that easy, but spending some time with your idea and researching what can be concluded above the hyphens can make things more stacked and profitable.
That’s where SVAP Infotech Comes in
With years of experience and access to the best resources in the industry, we have been the most visited for voice recognition app development service. Our developers are updated with every latest trend and technology to develop your app that looks modern and aesthetic.
We have expert consultation and development to testing and releasing updates and maintenance. We offer the services that you need to develop a voice recognition app to win over your competitors. Get your consultation today.