Ordering food online has now become a new normal; the food ordering app industry has seen massive traffic in the past few years. From kids to elder, every person now prefers to order food at their comfort place. The increasing demand for online food orders has ultimately benefited entrepreneurs who plan to invest in ordering apps for business.
UberEATS, Zomato, Swiggy are some of the best examples of food ordering apps. Following it, several companies have started developing their clone apps. UberEATS clone app is one of the most prominent examples of this category.
According to statista.com, the Online Food ordering industry has reached US$10,196 million in 2020. Hence, if you have also decided to go for an online ordering app for business, you are on the profitable side.
But creating a UberEATS clone app might be a tricky track, before starting development, let’s have a look at its business model.
UberEATS business model
Before starting the UberEATS clone app development, it would always be best for your business if you study and understand the original services in-depth. It will not only help you in creating more robust applications but also save you from the mistakes they have made before.
UberEATS is already one of the most used and demanding online
food ordering apps; its business model has encouraged companies worldwide. It is operating on two critical points-
- UberEATS is following the traditional food ordering model, which brings restaurant owners and end-users at a single platform.
- It allows the delivery of its own logistics services to the restaurants who do not have their delivery persons.
- The UberEATS application is known for providing outstanding and advanced features that made the user’s food orders more convenient and quick.
- It gives tailored restaurant listings and customization delivery details that help both restaurants and customers to a great extent.
- The monetization strategies implemented by UberEATS are straightforward and easy to understand. To achieve the desirable revenue, the company follows the below modes-
- Delivery charges
- Revenue sharing from restaurants
Hope you will get a precise idea about how UberEATS work and make money. So, now let’s take a look at the steps required to build a food ordering app for business.
A step-by-step guide: How to develop a food ordering app for business?
If you have decided to go for the UberEATS clone app, you need to think out of the box. The original application already covers all the essential aspects, to make your app stand ahead from it, you need to plan more things. In this post, we’ve come up with the significant steps that help you to build a food ordering app for your business.
1. Figure out the demand and latest trends in the Food ordering industry
The create a market winning UberEATS clone app, the most successful practice you can do is to understand and review the trends running in the market, including the new delivery channels. Also, we know that the customer is the ultimate king of the market; the success of a business entirely depends upon its potential customers.
To keep a smooth pace with your end-users, you need to remain updated with the current on-goings and their demands. It will help you to create a more effective and result-driven application. To achieve this, consider the following ways-
- Social Media:Today, social media has a different kind of monopoly in the market. Using this channel in your business is the smarter decision. The first food ordering platform that includes this platform was Dominos. It allows its users to place an order via their social media accounts; the users can make their orders via Twitter account, they only require to tag Dominos and type a pizza emoji, they will get their orders.
- Wearable devices-Wearable Integrations in business is another wise choice you can make to attract potential customers in numbers. These devices have become an integral part of the consumer’s electronic industry. As per the reports, there were 38 million smart-watches sold all over the world. Again Dominos was the pioneer company that introduced Android apps for smart-watches, making customer orders more quick and responsive.
2. Business Model
The second significant step is to decide the business model you need to implement in your clone app. There are two prominent models from which you can make your ideal choice-
- Order only-Companies are solely responsible for ordering and managing orders. They do not need to think about cooking and delivery services. Eat 24 and Deliver.com are significant examples following this model.
- Order and Delivery-With this model, businesses are accountable for both managing and delivering orders. If the companies do not have their own delivery services, they can outsource the services. UberEATS, and Delieveroo are the prominent companies working on this model.
3. Research the Target Industry
Another significant step is to research your target market closely. It is an essential step as it gives detailed insights into your customer’s preferences and taste. Your audience might like vegan or junk food. To get an exact idea, create segments based on demographic areas. You can use the following points to make a precise report-
- Income, age, gender and nationality
- Customers views over online food ordering
- Taste preferences
- How do your customers spend their spare time?
Features are the most crucial aspect that decides the success or failure of an app. If an application does not offer the standard features, it will not be suitable for the market and users. To create a robust UberEATS clone app, make sure you implement all the necessary and advanced features. Implementing advanced features helps you to get more traffic over the platform. Below we have mentioned some of the key features you can opt for your food ordering app business.
- Profile Registration
- Browse your favourite food
- Select Eateries
- Schedule Take-out
- Track Orders
- Secure Payments
- Redeem Offers
5. Selection of the right tech stack
Right set of tools and technologies is highly essential for creating a robust ordering app for business. Using trending technologies helps you to build more compelling and vital UberEATS clone apps. Following technologies makes your development process easier and quicker.
- Native iOS- Swift, React Native, Objective-C, Flutter
- Native Android- Android NDK, Java, Kotlin, React Native, Flutter
- Web and Hybrid- HTML, CSS 3, Ionic, Angular 1 & 2
- Database- MongoDB, MariaDB/MySQL, DynamoDB
- Server Technologies- NodeJS, Python, PHP
6. Development Cost
The last but not the least step is to determine the cost required to create an online ordering app for business. For this, it would be best if you consider hiring an experienced clone app development company that helps you with the price quotations. In general, the cost to develop the clone app depends upon the following factors-
- App size
- App Design
- App platform
- Location of app development company you hire for your project
The popularity of ordering food online has increased the demand for the online food ordering app industry. Entrepreneurs who have great ideas in this niche can get excellent advantages. Now, after getting a brief idea, you are all set to build your own ordering app for business. All you require is to hire a mobile app development company and start making the app of your dreams.