The most-watched and beloved sport in the US and Canada are Football, and Fantasy sports league websites take this game to a whole new level. Aside from cricket, football is a game that stocks an enormous crowd of followers from all across the globe. According to current reports, above 4 billion followers are allied with football.
In such tremendous support, creating a fantasy sports league website is one of the best ideas for any business. These sites allow sports enthusiasts to examine their expertise to follow their beloved games even while exercising their fortune for making money by opportunity.
The concept of the Fantasy Football Website is brilliant to see such an enormous market opportunity. In America, the NFL’s (football’s most significant leagues) estimated annual profit is over 13 billion dollars.
The league’s forecasts a rise to 25 billion dollars by the year 2027. Besides that, the NCAA’s annual sales of 1.1 billion dollars were estimated in the US & Canada. This non-profit collegiate football league predicts 8.6 billion dollars in yearly sales by the year 2032.
In this blog, we will embrace several factors of fantasy football website development like features, revenue model, cost, etc. which will help you develop. So, without wasting any time, let’s get straight into this.
- Fantasy Sports league websites are categorized primarily as a game of talent and ability, not a chance. The global fantasy football websites market is predicted to be of 33Billion dollars by the year 2025, with a CAGR of 13.24% from 14Billion dollars in the year 2018.
- According to footballinternational.com, in the USA, the American Flag Football League has about 115 million members.
- According to statista.com, Europe is the leading football market with market size of 25 billion dollars in the 2018-19 football season.
Building a fantasy football website would be the right approach and an excellent decision in such demand circumstances. The figures are sufficient to state that there’s a vast market break in the fantasy football business. Organizations or corporations that have streamed their vessel into fantasy Sports league ocean have yielded out concurrently with a swarming bank reckoning and bright faces from stem to stern.
Why go for a fantasy football league website?
The estimate itself declares that the all-age crowd over the earth cherishes football, and at the equivalent time, it’s an ample market break for opportunists. Due to the pandemic, chiefly, everyone is working from residence. Schoolhouses are closed. Nearly all outside liveliness is closed, so it’s a surpassing opportunity to produce capital by offering a full-flash, feature-rich Fantasy football website for both IOS and Android platforms in the business.
The revenue generated by a fantasy football website in 2019 was encompassing approximately 750 million dollars by entry fees only. It’s divined that aggregates will soar to 1000 million dollars in the future.
Many entrepreneurs, start-ups, and businesses have invested their money in building fantasy football websites. In fantasy football apps, a user represents a manager of virtual professional football teams. The rivals pick their rosters by engaging in a draught in which all relevant football players are available. Points are based on the real scores of the team and players in the ongoing real-time competition.
Types of Fantasy Football Leagues
In a fantasy football website, there are three main types:
- Traditional – In this tournament can run for an entire season.
- Keeper leagues – Keeper leagues are way similar to traditional leagues. In a keeper league, the only difference is that the players are not retained year-to-year, the only decided number of players an owner can keep on their roster.
- Daily – The accelerated version of the types mentioned above shows the matches are conducted for a short period like a week or a single day. In daily fantasy football, a few companies charge some percentage of the betting pool.
- Other leagues – Head-to-Head leagues, Total points leagues, All play leagues, Salary cap league, Auction league, dynasty league, and many more.
How to create a fantasy football website?
Fantasy football is a popular choice among football fans. Some users join leagues; some create their private leagues to play with their friends and families. Many business owners and start-ups create their own fantasy football websites to make vast chunks of money. If you would like to do the same, you need a website. Building your own fantasy league app is not an easy task; it takes a lot of time, effort, money, and planning.
- First, you have to register a domain name for your website, make sure the name must be catchy and relevant to football.
- Once you are done with the domain, you have to design mock-ups for your website; you have to decide what sort of features the fantasy website must have, don’t worry, and cover must-have features later in this blog. Your fantasy football website must be attractive and easy to use.
- To make a website attractive and practical, you need to use the best tech stack (Again, we’ve covered the latter part of this blog). Your website needs a database to store all user’s and participant’s data.
Let’s move forward and discuss essential parts of fantasy apps like features, tech stack, the team required, and at last, the cost to develop it. So, let’s go.
Must-have features in fantasy football league website
Features take your website faraway from rivals. You have to determine characteristics for two sides. First, features for the User Panel and second for the admin panel along with some unique features.
So, what kind of features and functionality do you need to take into account?
Here is the list of must-have features for the User Panel
User login/register – The first and foremost feature you need is the function to sign up. Users must sign up with their credentials like name, phone number, email id, or other social media accounts. Users can enter tournaments by joining in or creating an account, building custom tournaments, forming teams, and winning prizes.
Dashboard – Just after the user logs in, the dashboard is the first sight the user sees. All the essential shortcuts, name generators for football teams, tournament statistics, team statistics, the live score can be found on the dashboard.
Configuration – The configuration function is necessary as the user requires it to handle the website’s different facets, like updating and controlling their profile, managing payments and rewards they create, and receive, along with several other features. This feature will offer full command over the website to the user and handle it as they would like to.
Refer & earn – It’s no fun to play quite an impressive game alone. So that’s why your website requires a feature that allows players also to invite their mates. Offer enticing deals for those who use their friend’s referral to join a fantasy football website.
Push notification – The user can’t always adhere to the website. Hence, the website needs to push alerts to inform them of important website alerts like game notification, team statistics, tournament scores, payment delivery reports, ongoing tournament custom rooms, etc.
Reward – By purchasing incentives coins to gain unique abilities to make fame more fun and valuable for their time commitment, the user can earn many exciting prizes and rewards.
E-payment system – E-payment system helps the user make payment easily against the premium version, ads removing or joining custom tournaments without any trouble.
Here is the list of must-have features for the Admin Panel
Dashboard – This feature provides admin a usage report on fantasy websites related to active participants, ongoing tournaments, team participation, etc.
Transaction management – This feature assists in observing all transactions performed on the website. Not only this, the admin can program, maintain, and discard the payment among websites and banks.
Analytics – Using this feature, the admin can evaluate the real-time analytics of different users listed on the website. In planning marketing and business plans, this is very beneficial.
Tournament management – This feature will establish formal and informal tournaments to draw users to the participants. The existing ongoing games could be easily tracked too.
User management – This feature allows admin to control all the users who are registered with the website.
Rewards management – Tapes concerning points won by the users are kept under this segment during matches and disbursements of the winning numbers.
CMS & CRM – CMS (Content Management System) is an efficient way to manage all visible content, whereas CRM (Customer Relationship Management) helps admin monitor website tickets, email, push alerts, user reviews, and others.
Artificial Intelligence integration – For this kind of a website, AI can be seen to be an uncommonly significant trait. This can be of direct profit to the admin to update the game with multiple possibilities and prospects. The implementation of the functionality would make the game sense more genuine. AI integration also promotes the website to study the user’s behavioural pattern.
Chatbot – This feature can be added to the latest websites that can be utilized. Users can endure challenges or also have inquiries on the website. Chatbot serves to satisfy those inquiries and affairs. Besides that, chatbots could additionally be beneficial for assembling users’ experience.
Live Score – It’s an intelligent website approach to fuse the live game scores in addition to the real commentary and expert analysis. With this, participants can maintain records of their fantasy team’s progress depending on the players’ real-life accomplishments.
Geo-location – GPS location tracking and monitoring are vital since it facilitates the website to send valuable push alerts to users regarding prevailing ongoing tournaments or competition nearby them.
To combine the above features, your website needs a robust tech stack as well—that’s why we’re endeavouring to offer you the essential technology stack which meets your website requirements.
Tech Stack used to create a fantasy football league website
- Front-end – HTML5, CSS3, Angular JS, jQuery, React JS, Vue JS, Bootstrap.
- Back-end – AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud.
- Sports league API – Sports league Monks, RapidAPI.com, Entity Sports league.
- Database – MongoDB, MySQL, SQLite, IBM DB2.
- Payment gateways – PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, Mango pay.
- Analytics –Hadoop, Big Data, Spark.
- Push notifications – Twilio, Amazon SNS, MAP.
- For android – Java, Kotlin, Node JS, ROR, Laravel.
- For IOS – swift, Node JS, ROR, Laravel.
To create a football fantasy league website, a crew of experts is needed, delivering your idea into reality. To create a website, various individuals are required.
- Business Analyst.
- Front/back-end developer.
- UI/UX designer.
- QA testers.
- Project manager.
- Android/IOS developer.
Cost to Develop a Football Fantasy league website
Creating a fantasy football league website needs an exceptional development company with the skill-set and great-mindset to build a full-fledged website with many impressive innovations.
The value to build such websites depends on various following factors like:
- Features and functionality.
- Platform- Android, IOS, and web.
- Development firm
- A country where the development team works.
It’s not that simple to estimate the development expense of a fantasy football website. But on an irregular data, acquiring a top-notch fantasy football website will require you approximately $30K to $60k.
Development phases involved in building a fantasy football league website
- Framing Concept – To grip your idea for the fantasy website, we discuss everything with you. We operate adjacent to our development crew to advise you on complete documentation of the framed plan.
- Framework Outlining – This is a significant step of conception, in which we map plans to build a prototype for various screens. In conjunction with the website, data architecture is proposed to manage a current user flow.
- UI- We begin designing your purposes like colour tones, font sizes: identity, graphics, and several other refinements.
- Programming – we execute every probable exercise in designing an absolute code that ought to be chief functioning for both the client and the modules on the server-side.
- Testing – Before being gratified with the website’s essence and performance, we practice multiple severe QA inspections so that bugs and flaws are champed immediately in the middle.
Building a fantasy football league website is a profitable investment, given numerous football followers over the globe. In this instance, the method is not that challenging if you want to thrust your business with this website’s set. You can also begin adequately enough if you are sincere with the data discussed above that you would prefer in your fantasy football website.