In the app development market, Cross-Platform Development has become popular not only because it takes less time but also reduces effort while developing an application. After the success of cross-platform development, numerous tools have been introduced to make development easier.
To create high-performing applications and optimize time spent on development, Google released Flutter to the app development world. Today, many development companies have been using Flutter web development to develop high-end, interactive, and graphics-rich web applications. Let’s move ahead and have a brief information section about Flutter.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a lightweight UI toolkit to develop natively compiled applications across all devices like mobile, web, and desktop through a single codebase. It employs Dart programming language and integrates Material Design and Cupertino widgets to build a stunning UI which not only feels native but could also mimic the platform to act naturally on every device, and although you are using the single codebase.
Developed to compete with Facebook’s React Native, but now flutter enables the developer to create a native interface for web and mobile apps and embedded and desktop apps.
It doesn’t matter which device you want to run your application like TVs, mobile, tablet, or any other flutter always has your back.
What is Flutter development?
Using Flutter as the UI framework, developers can create rich cross-platform applications directly on any platform using the single codebase that will be regarded as a flutter app development.
Instead of writing different code from scratch for both Android and IOS platforms, thanks to flutter, you only need to write code for once; your application will seem impeccable and will replicate the native experience unique to the platform. As a programmer, you save weeks on writing code, and as a business owner, you save time, effort, and money. So, we can say it’s a win-win situation for both.
Pros of Flutter
- Hot Reload.
- Write once; use anywhere.
- High quality in less testing.
- Faster apps and better designs.
Cons of Flutter
- Heavy app size.
- Small community (Still Growing).
- Difficult to adapt.
Is Flutter best for Web Development?
If you desire to have a web application that works smoothly on any platform, written only once, has a better time-to-market, offers perfect UI at a lower cost, then flutter web development is ideal for your project.
There are some very particular instances of usage where you do not want to use Flutter. Conversely, if you need a 3D touch application, Flutter doesn’t entirely support that for now, though. You might find flutter just a bit lacklustre if your application needs heavy contact with computer hardware like a camera or phone calls. Flutter web applications seem to be on the heavy side, so you’ll need to hop over if you’d like a relatively smaller version of the app.
Flutter architecture for the web?
The architecture of flutter’s web applications varies from that of mobile apps. The application would look just as standard on the internet. It uses several tools to provide support for the browser. For web design, flutter’s initial layer is composed of default widgets and themes. Developers have two choices for rendering engines to choose between.
Some key takeaways of flutter for responsive web development:
- The API for the web and mobile is precisely the same.
- The flutter web development is still in its development phase; the web pages created using flutter gives smartphones an app-like feel rather than a web application.
- It only supports the Chrome browser but will assist other browsers like Edge, Safari, etc. later on.
- It treats the whole screen as a canvas, transcends HTML elements, and captures its control.
Advantages of Flutter Web development
- Single codebase.
- Adaptive layouts.
- Less cost.
- A better time to market.
Disadvantages of Flutter Web development
- It is not very SEO friendly.
- Small Community.
- Debugging is not easy.
- The initial load size of CanvasKit is large.
How to set up your First flutter web app project?
For better understanding, we’ve divided these into steps. So have a look.
- Ensure that you have Flutter version 1.5.4 or higher.
- Install Dart 2.3 by following commands: –
- $ flutter channel beta.
- $ flutter upgrade.
- $ flutter config –enable-web.
- To ensure that the right version is installed or not, write the following command: –
- $flutter doctor.
- To acquire building tools for flutter web, write the following command: –
- $ Flutter packages pub global activate web dev.
- Next, ensure that the $HOME/.pub-cache/bin directory is the path.
- Restart the system.
- Pick-up and IDE, as the command palette is open, type Flutter: New Web Project.
- To install stagehand, type the following command:
- Pub global activates stagehand.
- By providing a location or name to your project, a project demo will be created for you.
- To run the project, type webdev in the command line.
So, do you consider Flutter web development?
Although building an eCommerce store with flutter mobile and then porting it to the web could be unrealistic for anyone, there will still be areas where flutter could fit well, like:
- You already have an application built using flutter but want to offer a web app to users to do the same function.
- You don’t have an application and anticipate most app mobile users will use it.
- You would like to develop interactive pieces of content on the mobile app and do not want to waste time creating the same stuff on the web app.
If you’ve completed this guide, you have far more reasons to get on-board with the idea of the flutter web development. Over a couple of years, Flutter’s consistent popularity and expanded acceptance of business applications alongside consumers have demonstrated that this is the path forward for application growth.
If this is thrilling for you, contact our flutter developers today to discuss your projects or get affordable cost estimates.