Food delivery has increased many job opportunities for everyone around the globe. With an increase in employment, we are too given with the ghost kitchens, but in contrast, it made diner’s lives more comfortable. But with the transformation of food, we reincarnated new lawsuits and legislations, disrupted small businesses, and the alteration changed our relationship with food.
It is now the question in every person’s mind: What does an $11 billion food delivery industry hold? What do the few giants at the center of it stand to gain? Though the answer is oblivious, one thing that is obvious since the beginning is that entrepreneurs, with the help of food delivery app development, will bring innovations that will ease much more in diners’ lives.
Let’s take a closer look for now.
A Glimpse of Food Delivery App Development Industry
Entrepreneurs are heading towards gaining profits from the on-demand food delivery industry. Looking at the reports, according to Statista, the food delivery industry has reached US$122,739 million in 2020. Furthermore, it is expected to hike at an annual growth rate of 7.5%, resulting in a market cap of US US$164,002 million by 2024. According to the estimations, the industry will reach $300 billion by the end of 2030.
With such an impressive market cap, one thing is clear that if anyone holds on tight in the industry, they will start to gain profit sooner. The CrunchBase report also suggests that Columbia’s Rappi had the most significant capital venture funding among the food delivery companies in 2019. The startup brought $1 billion in Series E round. Also, in 2021, DoorDash is the top food delivery app that raised $1 billion in venture capital.
Now, if you have a food delivery idea in your mind, you can certainly request a callback or ask us for the quotation by explaining your minimum requirement for the project. But, first, let’s drive through the features that can easily fuse in your app that customers will admire.
Features to Add While Having Food Delivery App Development
Today, we will look in-depth at the features by dividing the app into the three development stages that a food delivery app general has. To make a successful food delivery mobile app, you need to create three different mobile applications that are task-specific. Those three apps are:
- Customer App
- Delivery App
- Admin Panel
The amalgamation of these three makes food delivery app development successful. However, to have that three functioning to the fullest, many features are fused in it. So let’s know about the features that make your app walk on the yellow road.
Features of Customer Panel
- Signup and Login: Asking for Signup and Login can help you track your customers’ journey, and you can provide offers to them to visit your app more frequently.
- Search: Search is on the customer panel to deliver convenience to the customers. Customers can search for their favorite restaurant and can order the food quickly.
- Order Placement: Make it easier for the customers to make an order with just a few taps.
- Real-time Tracking: Empower your customers to track the order in real-time.
- Payment Gateway Integration: Integrating multiple payment gateways, including the Cash of Delivery option, can entice more customers to your app.
- Real-time Availability: If you have a list of restaurants that offer online table booking, give customers the option to book a table for themselves.
- Reviews and Ratings: Feedback is customers’ thoughts about your service, ambiance, and quality of food. Taking this feedbacks as an advantage can improve your app.
Features of Delivery Panel
- Signup and Login: Get the details of the driver for the verification process.
- Order Placement: Place the order to the nearby delivery personnel by inviting them to Accept the order delivery.
- Real-time Tracking: Due to any uncertainty, the delivery time may hamper, track your delivery personnel’s location and provide the optimal solution for it.
- Payment Gateway Integration: There may be the case that the diner may pay the price at the time of delivery. So, integrating a payment gateway with multiple support and Cash on Delivery to deliver with convenience.
- Real-time Availability: Check the availability of the delivery personnel before assigning the order.
- Reviews and Ratings: Rating the delivery personnel can also let you know about the most hardworking employee, and you can later endorse them with discounts, offers, or surprises.
- Notification Alert for New Order: Before assigning the order, alert the delivery personnel by sending the notification and giving them the rights to accept or reject as per their convenience.
- GPS Integration: Integrating GPS will assist your delivery personnel in delivering the order on or before the mentioned location.
Features of Admin Panel
- Monitor Performance: Drivers, deliveries, scheduled/canceled orders, and data related to drivers are all under one roof.
- Manage Activity: From order placed to order delivered, track everything that seemed important to you.
- Real-time Updates: Get the notification of the latest order placed to the information of the delivery personnel from the payment mode chosen to disburse the payment. Everything is within your reach.
- Payment Commission and Management: Set payment and commission rates and manage them directly from the admin panel.
Get Read to Gift Yourself a Food Delivery App
If you are clear with your startup idea and looking for food delivery app development, you can directly reach out to us through email or fill the form asking for a callback or pingback to discuss all the pros and cons of your idea. We are an organization of visionaries and firmly stand for the values we have designed to assist our clients with utmost precisions. So, what are you waiting for now. The yellow brick road is waiting to hear the tap of your foot.