Social media is one of the most significant contributions of modern technology; through this, now every person has a social life. From a business point of view, the value of social media is the most promising market.
You can grow your business at 10x speed with the help of social media app development. Today, there are several social media app platforms on which you can easily promote your product and services and reach out to a wide range of potential customers.
Types of Social Media Platforms
There are various types of social media platforms, including-
- Social Networking – Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Microblogging – Twitter, Tumblr.
- Photo Sharing – Instagram, Snapchat.
- Video-Sharing – YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat.
- Discussion Forums – Quora, Reddit.
- Bookmarking – Pinterest, flip board.
- Matrimonial App – JeevanSathi, Bharati matrimony.
According to www.toptenreview, the top social media platforms of 2020, according to its monthly users:
- Facebook- 2.23 billion.
- YouTube – 1.9 billion.
- WhatsApp – 1.5 billion.
- Instagram – 1 billion.
- TikTok – 500 million
Cost of a Social Media App Development
When creating a social media platform, it’s essential to understand that having an application is vital. Also, when we talk about the price, you should keep in mind that most of the time it considerably depends on the developer you are hiring, what kind of application you want, and on which programming language the developer is going to build the app.
The social media app development cost includes-
1. Fixed Price – It includes a legal contract between you and the company, which consists of all the necessary information, including features, functionalities, and budget, requires to develop an app. It contains a detailed plan of an app development process. This procedure is less flexible as you are bound to pay a fixed price of your app as demanded by the company.
2. Hourly-based price – With this concept, you require to pay money according to the hours spent on the app development process. It is more flexible than a fixed price contract. For this, you need to hire a freelancer to develop the application. There are several freelancing sites in the market from which you can employ competent freelancers at a reasonable price. Some of the prevalent sites are-.
If we talk in detail, to develop a Social media application, it nearly costs you around $20,000-$32,000.
Here’s why! there are certain factors on which the development cost depends-
- User – Registration.
- In-App Communication – User to user Chat options, media sharing options.
- Security – Basic Data Encryption.
- Payment System Integration.
- Portal for application Management – Manages user data.
- User Interaction – SMS, Email, publishing to other social media platforms.
- Some pages and tabs.
- Security of User Data, App Security.
- Publishing – Google Play, Appstore.
To cut the application development cost, consider these few things.
- What kind of social media application do you want?
- Your Target audience.
- Features you want in your application.
- Be clear with the ideas and discuss them with the development team.
Social Media App Development Features
Social media app consists of following features-
- User Profile
- Post likes
- Content Management System: Admin
- Content Management System: User
- Post Creation
Must include features in Social Media App development:
- The application must consist of functions in which the users can update their profile picture and can customize their images and other content
- Users should get the ease of connectivity with their loved ones and other individuals.
- Users must get timely notifications and news feed.
- The app must have easy integration with other social media platforms.
- Proper privacy lines and secured chats
Benefits of Social Media App Development
Today, Social media is everywhere and used by everyone. Besides, connecting people socially, it also offers many advantages to the business world. It consists of a lot of benefits that we are not still aware of. Following are key benefits of a social app-
- Increasing Brand awareness – With social media platforms, companies are now promoting their products or services efficiently. It allows them to express their values easily and help them to build relations stronger.
- Traffic generation- Social media apps help to generate qualified traffic in your business. It attracts potential customer towards your enterprise platform. You can use the visual contents to encourage your audience. With the improve SEO, you can increase the online visibility of your business, generate more leads and connect easily with the direct customers.
- Boosting sales- With the social media app, you can offer sales support with native chats to your users. It will result in increasing engagement rates of customers. You can also monitor the conversations about your business. The app will also motivate people to share their buying-experience from your company.
After discussing all the significant points require during a social media app development, it’s clear that developing an app takes time and costs. Still, by these apps, you will more than likely see a positive effect on your business.